He wasn't too sure on the first day and was hanging on my leg, but when he saw that Curious George was playing on the smartboard, he was all in. I think most of the kids in his class were four, but aside from not napping (ever!), he did well. It was pretty funny because the teacher said he ate like a champ! Another thing I was hoping for (seeing other kids eating a wider variety of food)...but he couldn't really tell me what he ate. But it was very nice to not pack a lunch or snacks!
I can't remember if I posted it yet or not, but I got Reid a new comforter set. He obviously doesn't stay under the covers very well yet, but it's a step toward a big boy bed. He will probably be getting that big boy bed from Santa come Christmas time! I think we are going to put him into the guest room and put the baby in his room. But we have quite some time to figure that out.
One Saturday, we decided to take Reid to the new Disney Planes movie. I found a cute shirt at Target and couldn't pass it up, so he was all set.
A rare snuggle before we left...
He loved the escalator so much that I think he could've just played on that all day long! After the movie, he and Jason went up and down several times. It made for a pretty cute picture. And can you believe how tall this kid has gotten??
Reid was so intent on eating the popcorn that I couldn't get a picture of him looking at the phone. He is very possessive of his popcorn, too! Next time, I may just get one for Jason and me, and Reid can have his own little bag. He ate so much this time that I was kind of afraid he might get sick, but I swear he growled when I tried to take it away!!
Mimicking the words of the new children's classic If You Give a Mouse a Cookie... If you take a toddler to the mall, he'll probably want to go up the escalator. If you take him up the escalator, he'll probably want to watch a movie. While you are watching the movie, he'll want some popcorn. Eating popcorn will remind him that you're at the mall, so he'll want to ride the carousel. And if he rides the carousel, chances are, he'll want to play on the escalator.
I also wanted to make a family trip to the Frisco Aquatics Center so Jason could see how much fun Reid had. Here's a picture from the distance...there's a huge water tower that dumps a ton of water (500 gallons? 1,000??) every few minutes, so I didn't dare get too close. Just like last time, the first thing he wanted to do was the giant waterslide, but you have to be about four feet tall and be able to swim independently. So we opted for this kid area and took a few trips to the lazy river (or the "crazy river", as Reid dubbed it), ate a picnic lunch, and had a snow cone.
It was really nice to have a good, fun family day (even though we were all exhausted!). When we are in the midst of the school year, things are super crazy with everything that has to be juggled. I live for the weekends and holidays, when we can enjoy what life is really about!








No comments:
Post a Comment