Reid's birthday this year fell on a Sunday, so Jason and I decided to head down to Houston for some family time. We stopped at Grammy and Grumpy's house for nap time.
Reid had other ideas... Our little piano man:
He never did take a nap, I don't think...just stood in the pack & play...which later became the theme of the weekend. We ate dinner and headed to Papa and Mamere's house. Reid must've been exhausted because he nodded in the car and promptly passed out for a few minutes, which he never does anymore at this age. We slammed doors and unloaded the car, which he slept through, but he awoke when the car was turned off. The next day, it was time for the birthday fun to begin. Everyone was off of work, including Aunt Kristen. There was a beautiful, delicious cake just begging to be cut into, and the napkins and plates I let Reid pick out actually matched perfectly! Great minds think alike.
Reid needed some help blowing out the candles.
And wiping the icing off of his fingers. This kid never has liked stuff on his hands!
I expected him to be ho-hum about the cake, like last year, but he loved it!! Ate his entire piece :)
"I've been missing out! This cake stuff is yummy!"
Messy mouth...
While the rest of us enjoyed the cake, the birthday boy had fun playing peekaboo in the center of the table. Then it was time to start bouncing off the walls from all that sugar!
He worked off some energy walking around with Papa...
...and then all the guys took a ride in Papa's golf cart. Anytime we went to the garage, Reid made a beeline to the golf cart, "Car!! Car!!" From what I understand, he steered the whole time and enjoyed the breeze ruffling his hair.
Later on, it was time to enjoy Aunt Kristen's Cars bubbles (perfect since we'd just gotten him the movie and he is currently obsessed with Cars fruit squeezies) in the backyard. He doesn't quite get the whole blowing bubbles part yet, but he sure enjoyed playing.
Watching Annie in the window...
On Tuesday, we headed back to Grammy and Grumpy's. Reid picked out his new digger shirt to wear, and he enjoyed many activities. I realized I didn't take that many pictures because we were busy chasing him around (this kid is a magnet attracted to the street!). And most of the ones I did take had the back of his head. He is harder and harder to photograph and seems to sense when I have the camera out!
We missed seeing the rest of the family, but I know they were with us in spirit. We look forward to Grandma Penny's visit at Thanksgiving. Aunt Laura (or" Lala," as Reid has dubbed her) and the boys will be here for his party next week, and we just got to see Uncle Steve, Taunt, and their boys when Great Grandpa and Marilyn came to town Memorial Day weekend. We are thankful for our family and for our crazy little man who amazes us each day!

Happy birthday, Reid! We can't wait to see you.
ReplyDelete-Aunt Lala and your crazy cousins