Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Belated Mother's Day!!

Well, this year was the first year (in the past four) where Mother's Day was a happy occasion, not a reason for boo-hooing. Last year was so bad that we didn't even go to church (they always have a baby dedication that day, and I nearly embarrassed us the year before with all my sniffling)--just did brunch at Delaney's. Ironically, I thought about "it" every bit as much that day. BUT this year, Mother's Day was a happy, joyous reminder of how good God is :) It's absolutely amazing what can happen in a year's time. Don't get me wrong--I thought about my friends who are still struggling along in the infertility battle, as well as two who lost their little ones this year. I prayed for them the entire day as well as long before that...

Jason and Reid were on their A-game and got me gorgeous roses and cala lillies (my favorite!) for my arrival home on Friday. Then on Sunday, Jason had a very special children's book (let's face it...if you know me at all, you know how much I love children's books!!) written by none other than our pastor, Chuck Swindoll. It was even more special knowing he'd ordered it soon after finding out we were pregnant...and tried getting a hold of Chuck via email to see if he could sign it. Sorry ladies...but I believe I have the best husband on Earth!! I may have made it through the Mother's Day service without crying, but when I opened Jason's card later that day, the happy tears were a-flowin'. Such a wonderful day!

Here's a belly pic from last week (eek--where is my neck??)



And here's a sonogram from my appointment two weeks ago. I can't believe what a little chunker we have!! That was at 34 weeks, and he was already 5 lbs 4oz!!


The painting is complete--and looks great!! We put up pics on Reid's walls today and I will post pics soon. I did four loads of just his stuff (has to be separate from ours since it uses the Dreft detergent) and I am in the midst of washing his bedding as we speak. It took us most of Saturday, but we did the HUGE trip to Target and Babies R Us to do returns/buy most of what's still needed. Each thing we do makes this a tad bit more real...and so exciting!! I'm definitely in heavy nesting mode.... Crazy to think it could be ANY day, now!!

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic!! I can't believe you're almost at the finish line already...hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete