This is the first big room, which actually made us feel like we were back in Singapore at the Jurong Bird Park. One bird decided to make friends with Jason, flying over to sit on his shoulder right after we took his picture! The giant room was set up very uniquely in layers--canopy, ground, then underground, where you could see the manatees and giant catfish that were in the deceptively deep pool in the picture below.

I got to feed a blueberry to this toucan (notice my ever-growing neck folds...guess I'll have a double chin soon!)
We saw tons of animals, but this little monkey with the moustache was our favorite. We probably watched him for a good 10 minutes, hopping around and entertaining us. He even seemed to pose for us.
It was so neat to have the birds flying around you, watch the fish and monkies, and hear the call of some exotic bird as the waterfall spilled behind us.
The aquarium is actually more like a miniature zoo than just the fish tanks we were expecting...having everything from tiny pygmy monkies to sloths and a jaguar to the beautiful fish one would expect. These jellyfish were transfixing:
And the penguins were adorable! I was kind of shocked at the lack of places to sit...I figured lots of grandparents, etc. would visit the aquarium and regular people would want to sit and watch certain areas, but I really only found two places to sit the entire time we were there! The penguin feeding was 15 minutes away (and I really wanted to see it), but I just couldn't be on my feet any longer. That's a new problem that seems to have risen this weekend...
We did see a few of the sharks eat, but it was way too crowded to stand in the plexiglass tunnel to watch. This guy was nearby and almost seemed to pause and pose for Jason to take its picture.
We saw tons of animals, but this little monkey with the moustache was our favorite. We probably watched him for a good 10 minutes, hopping around and entertaining us. He even seemed to pose for us.
It was so neat to have the birds flying around you, watch the fish and monkies, and hear the call of some exotic bird as the waterfall spilled behind us.
The aquarium is actually more like a miniature zoo than just the fish tanks we were expecting...having everything from tiny pygmy monkies to sloths and a jaguar to the beautiful fish one would expect. These jellyfish were transfixing:
And the penguins were adorable! I was kind of shocked at the lack of places to sit...I figured lots of grandparents, etc. would visit the aquarium and regular people would want to sit and watch certain areas, but I really only found two places to sit the entire time we were there! The penguin feeding was 15 minutes away (and I really wanted to see it), but I just couldn't be on my feet any longer. That's a new problem that seems to have risen this weekend...
We did see a few of the sharks eat, but it was way too crowded to stand in the plexiglass tunnel to watch. This guy was nearby and almost seemed to pause and pose for Jason to take its picture.









No comments:
Post a Comment