I am very thankful that Carter is my snuggly boy. Reid never was. But it also occurred to me that the snuggle days won't last forever, so I'd better take advantage! It took some convincing that it wasn't playtime, but once Carter finally realized he was going to nap in my bed, it was blissful. I actually had my phone within reach to capture it. That sweet little face!
Two also meant we (finally!!!) got to turn his car seat around. I'm not sure who was happier...Carter, Reid, or me! He can now climb in solo and things are much easier when we're loading the car. That seemed like a great time to end the daytime paci habit, too. He still likes one at bedtime and naptime (but only at home), but we'll get there eventually.
Carter's still my healthy eater, which I sure hope will stick. But he does love his sugary things, too. And recently he decided he likes lemons. He always sees them in our water at restaurants and went fishing for one. I wasn't quick enough to get a video, but it was hilarious! He spied a lime in the fridge one day and insisted it be part of his dinner. The sour faces were very entertaining.
Both boys love being outdoors. We went to get a Japanese maple to plant since we had to leave both of the boys' at our last house. So the one we chose has two trunks--seemed nice and brotherly. It took Jason the good part of an afternoon to dig in the hard North Dallas clay. Naturally, the boys wanted to "help." Reid actually did help pretty well and pushed all the clumps of clay and dirt out of the way. Carter mainly just kept falling in the hole and hated having his hands dirty...yet wanted to lug around a little shovel and be a part of the action, no matter what I tried to get him to play with me somewhere else in the yard.
When that had been devoured, we had to convince him that you're not supposed to eat the candle, too.
Pretty good selfie, I must say
The birthday boy also enjoyed opening his own cards and presents. "Wan dis! Wan dis!" (want this) has to be the #1 phrase for this guy.
Other favorites of Carter at two:
- adventurous eating--here's him devouring dim sum with chopsticks. I sure hope that will continue!

- food: grapes, strawberries, squeezies, yogurt (if he can feed it to himself), or anything that Mommy is eating (including a spinach salad, which totally surprised me)
- dvd: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- book: Pajama Time or Baseball 1-2-3
- activity: coloring or playing with the little fuzzy craft pom poms
- sweet: M&M's
- sleeping position: all squished up at the top of the bed, with his feet sticking through the crib slats, hands tucked under (and I'm ready for the sleep sack to go bye bye, but he rarely lets a blanket stay on him)










No comments:
Post a Comment