Tuesday, July 14, 2015

(belated) Birthday Boy!!

Carter's 1st birthday party was all planned... And then one of the big ice storms hit.  So obviously nobody could drive in that mess, nor could I get out for his first birthday cake.  We made the best of it and dressed him in his cute bday shirt.  He decided to take his first selfie in celebration:


He was his normal, happy self!




Right about the same time, things at home got extremely chaotic.  I consigned for the first time at Divine Consign, a huge kids' consignment sale, which required hours of listing, labeling, and pinning tags on clothing and other items.  The weather ended up being terrible for the drop off (see last post) but I made more money that we'd planned, all of which went towards our upcoming move.  We also began preparing the house to go on the market, which meant all extra hours of the days and weekends were spent packing, de-cluttering, and moving lots of goodies to our new storage unit in an attempt to de-kid our house somewhat...you know, so people could actually see in the closets.  It was tricky since we didn't really know what the closing date would be on our new house, whether or not we'd have to be in temporary housing (and if so, for how long), and keeping the kids out of stuff they didn't need to be in.  Crazily enough, as if there weren't enough already happening, we signed Reid up for t-ball.  Eek!  So it's no wonder poor Carter's bday celebration kept getting pushed back.  Eventually, I just decided we'd have to make it a family celebration.  He didn't know the difference, but Reid kept asking about it and the days kept slipping away.  It was either April or May by the time we had a day to do it right.

Birthday boy was all prepped and ready to go!  He was NOT a fan of the party hats, but Reid sure liked those and the party horns I'd gotten.

 

Carter loooooved his bday present.  I got really creative--his very own box of tissues!  He pulled out about half of the box and then decided he was done.  Then he and Reid played in all of them.  It was quite entertaining.


 

We sang to him, which he loved, let him take out the candles, and have at it.

 

 Not a big fan at first.  "You mean, I have to get all sticky??  No one's gonna feed this stuff to me??"


 Once I gave him a taste and he had his spoon, it was game on!



I knew that first year would fly by, but had no idea it would go so quickly.  This little guy has been such a joy and blessing to our family...the perfect addition!  He is happy, laid back, and loves his big brother.  We are so thankful for God's little boy blessing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment