Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Papa & Mamere's Visit

The week after Grandma Penny was here, Papa and Mamere came to visit.  I worked really hard both work weeks to make sure my report cards were completed and proofread (think college finals!), then to insure that my parent conference documents were all in order before conference day.  Normally, I would work on these things over the weekends before they were due.  So it was nice to have family time and a break before I met with all 20 families that next Monday!  The night the Frenches came in happened to be Stonebriar Community Church's Fall Festival.  We'd been looking forward to when Reid was old enough to enjoy it, and we had hoped this would be the year.  He surprised us by picking the football player costume over Buzz Lightyear (from "Toy Story," one of his favorite movies).  Reid was very talkative and opinionated about where he wanted to go and what he wanted to do at the festival.  He loved fishing for a prize, which made me chuckle because that is the only activity I very distinctly remember from Fall Festivals at our church when I was a kid. 


He surprisingly didn't want to eat the candy right away, but Mommy was starving (I'd had a stomach bug or food poisoning that Wednesday, so I think my body was making up for a day without eating!) so I got a bag of popcorn.  From previous experiences, I know how much this kid loves his popcorn, so I got him his own bag, too.  Jackpot!

He loooved the huge bouncy slides that were set up outside, so we actually started off there.  He didn't want to leave, but as the sun went down and it got chillier and chillier, we finally convinced him to go inside.


His favorite activity of the night?  The giant orange balloon sword.  The line had been quite long, and we were thankful for our patient boy (the popcorn probably helped, too).  I was surprised at his choices...he picked orange over green, his favorite color, and he picked a sword over all the cute animals they had listed.  Who knows what goes through this kid's mind.


We played a couple more games and gathered some more candy before heading back to the car.  Reid was very happy with his sword and he and Papa played with it all the way home.


He was even happier when Mamere helped him walk on all the curbs.  He loves to balance, but we love that he insists on holding hands when he does this...because it's about the only time you can ever get him to hold hands. 

 



The next day, we met up with Uncle Steve, Taunt, and H3 at Henry's football game.  Our family took a time out for nap time while Papa and Mamere watched Hayden's game and babysat the boys so Steven and Aimee could meet with their builder.  Then we all met up at Cantina Laredo for a yummy Mexican food dinner.  As usual, I forgot to take pics, but Aimee snapped this cute one of the youngest two.  Happy boys!  All the other adults were happy with their yummy margaritas, and I was happy with my yummy mango tres leches cake.  Even though Reid had "chippies" and hot sauce, all of his corn dog, and all of his French fries, I think he would've eaten all of the cake if I'd have let him ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment