He is more open to certain things. I've realized a lot of it is how you present it (yes, the teacher thing has definitely helped me out!) or just what mood he's in. We've been trying to get him to wear these adorable dinosaur slippers for months. But when we called them monster feet, he was on board! Or, maybe it was just a good stall tactic before bath time. He's gotten awfully good at stalling...for everying! (Yes, Mom...I know...it's payback, right?) Don't you love the outfit??
He enjoys helping us a lot lately. It has to be HIS idea, of course, but he has definitely gotten more open to the idea when we ask, too. Sometimes, I'd rather him not be helping (such as when I am getting breakables out of the dishwasher--it's like he's attracted to all the glass and plates!). But other times, it's perfect--like when he was helping Jason do yard work. He was pretty good at helping put the weeds into the bucket!
He is getting slightly better at eating fruits and vegetables. I can now coerce him to eat strawberries, mandarin oranges, and broccoli (thank you, cousins!!). Dessert is often used as a bribe. It's funny, though, because he still doesn't like some of the things most kids would die for...such as this mini Drumstick. Look at that face! He does like plain ice cream, and has been talking about ice cream cones (then again, he is kind of obsessed with naming solid shapes recently) so I thought for sure he'd love this. Wrong!
He loves Cars 2 and I finally found a cute Finn McMissile shirt for him on Amazon. Not surprisingly, he wants to wear it every. single. day. Maybe I should've ordered seven--one for each day of the week. He just recently rediscovered his glowy seahorse that he absolutely loved as a baby. It was really sweet because when he picked it up, he got this nostalgic look on his face and kind of hugged it.
This video was too funny not to share. Reid loves balls...soccer, baseball, basketball, football...you name it. He has a decent throwing arm, but he really can't catch yet. At all.
Our little guy is definitely growing up. We are thankful that he seems to be turning the corner on some things, and looking forward to many more good things to come. Parenting is most definitely a humbling experience, but we couldn't think of a more rewarding job.

No comments:
Post a Comment