Saturday, January 5, 2013

Jason's Company Party

Jason's company didn't have a Christmas party for the adults this year (man...I'd already found a gorgeous dress on clearance a few months ago...), but they held one for all the kids of employees, which was really sweet.  Given Reid's rambunctiousness and anti-camera outlook, I was quite nervous to see how this would pan out.  Plus, there was NO way I was willing to stand in a Santa line this year, so this was it!!


Santa was very sweet and patient about it.  Reid, on the other hand, was not.  At all.



They got input from employees on what the kids liked and purchased each of them a present.  Reid loved his--three Cars cars and a digger.  He was all over the place, in everyone's way, and I was so worried that he would end up tripping someone.


Or knock over a tree...or hide behind a sign...


Or run and slide under the rope chain leading to Santa...and then decide to haul right through it and knock it down, poles and all.  That's about when I was done.  And then he decided to sneakily put one of his new cars in the balloon lady's big box of balloons.  FANtastic.  That was the final straw.  I don't know if this kid will ever settle down.  He is exhausting!!


Another holiday picture I found was my ugly Christmas sweater getup.  The teachers at school had a contest...with gift cards and good prizes, so I was quite motivated.  You can't tell from the picture, but Jason and I worked quite hard to get little blinking LED Christmas lights poking out throughout the sweater (which looked like a cross between a grandma's afghan and macrame' wall art), an attractive jingle bell Santa door hanger attached to the back, and Christmas picks of tree/holly/poinsettia attached all over.  I was hoping to win the "ugliest sweater" and still feel a bit robbed...several parents stopped in to say they agreed.  Oh, well.  Time to think ahead to next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment