Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Yesterday was our playgroup's Valentine's party and card exchange. We girls know how to do it right, so there weren't actually any cards...just adorable goodies. Their little buckets couldn't hold everything. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the whole set up because Susan didn't miss a thing--there were three little tables with chairs, all set up with precious little Valentines activity mats and crayons, a Valentine's juice box, and two little snacks. On top of that, she had a large table complete with decorations, delectible goodies for us moms (can you say red velvet cake pops? Mmmm!!), and adorable Valentine's water bottles. But someone had to have my undivided attention because he was the first to arrive at his table.

"Mom, where are my friends?"



Reid's first Cheez-It. I think it was a success! He also liked the granola bar, but not as much as when I have one for breakfast. Guess stolen food is always tastier than getting it fair in square...





It was a great success... We actually arrived on time and Reid made it through an entire playgroup without a major meltdown. We were even one of the last to leave! He wasn't clingy except for a tiny bit at the very beginning. What a change! I know he is one of the two youngest (Kate, if you remember--his "first kiss" from March, is younger by a week) and it is always fun to see where he is headed by watching the other kids and getting great advice from the other moms. I'm looking forward to seeing them sans children at MNO (Mom's Night Out) this week, too!

Reid loves rearranging furniture and climbing anything and everything these days. I looked over two days ago and here's what I saw (notice the guilty look...he knows he isn't supposed to move the chairs). Eek! That's a long fall to the cold, hard floor if you look at the next pic.



And bath time these days is, well...interesting. Active, wet, splashy? It's a challenge to bathe him and feels kind of like a wrestling match. But then again, so does bedtime, diaper changing, and getting him dressed. I am one tired mommy at the end of the day after this little man and trying to teach 21 kindergarteners!


He loves bath time, but it's a challenge for us. But last night was pretty hilarious! He was cracking himself up (and us!) with his little duck waddle. Pardon the little "tinkle stick" flash in the middle...

No comments:

Post a Comment