He has been a holy terror the past couple of days (at home, anyway). I was sooo exhausted yesterday that I was showered and in bed with the lights out by 8:25pm. Yep, must've been a premonition b/c Reid fussed/cried/screamed most of last night, all for no apparent reason. We have an unspoken rule at our house that you now let the kid fuss for awhile in hopes that he'll go back to sleep unassisted (and lately, it's worked so well!). Last night, I don't think the fussing really ever ended. I was up nine (yes, NINE) times and absolutely nothing worked....rocking, bouncing, singing, diaper changing, burping, patting, rubbing, pacis (which he will no longer take, but can't always find his thumb to suck when he's really upset), extra clothes, clothes off, you get the picture. I can only reason two things--he's either having a major growth spurt (ate nearly 40 oz yesterday!!!!) and was hungry again OR his "I'm not taking a nap!" after the sitter caught up w/ him later that night. So that made today just absolutely wonderful. Being the week grades and report cards must be entered (and I'm still giving each of my kindergarteners 6 tests apiece basically, one on one) and comments must be written on top of crazy kids (full moon on Saturday?), I feel like I'm putting out brushfires (bonfires??) all day long. So tonight, Jason so kindly offered to be on Daddy duty (mainly b/c he doesn't want to put up with another grouchy Stacey day, I think) so I can get some rest.
That being said, we really did have a fun weekend with our little guy. His new favorite position in the swing? Anything involving feet up in the air! (And take note of the weird way he sucks his thumb)

Dixie apparently approves of some freshly washed garage sale buys from last weekend (yes, she puked on it before Reid did...so back into the washer it went).

Reid wouldn't leave his thumb out of his mouth long enough for a pic of his cute new onesy:

Boo!

And here's what the little man is saying these days (lots of new vowel sounds...how exciting!).
More leg kickin' fun...
Thankfully, Reid approved of the garage sale toys, too. I love garage sales, especially for kid stuff...proud to say that I hit all the good looking ones I could find that day!
And Mommy is happy that he can entertain himself with his new toys and new Bumbo tray:
Sorry you had a rought time lately ! Ugghhh. That's cute how he sucks his thumb upside down. Kenzie sucks 2 left fingers ALL the time and then puts the other hand over her face. Won't take the paci, as she wants the fingers now. Reid is looking like he's filling out a little more. So wild he ate 40 oz ! Definately a growing boy :-)
ReplyDelete